19 May, 2013

In a flash …

' In a flash ... '  is a short poem , which tries to put forth the awakening cognitions with one's own self, across a short journey through time, in a flash of a moment.

I pause …
I look back, beyond time 
I see, zillion reasons to smile and cheer
Still, for all the unspoken struggles
which made me weak
A tear rolls down, and I smile.
I learned it the hard way all through
And emerged stronger, even before I knew.

I pause … 
And I try to see, beyond time
How the days to come will be ?
I hope to see, zillion reasons to smile and cheer
But for the silent thoughts, 
The slow growing web, spun by all expectations unheard.
Will I fall a prey to it ? 
And get hurt, from no one else 
But myself … 

I pause …
And look around, 
The bright sun and the blue skies -
The chirping of the birds, 
And the gentle breeze persuading me 
To believe in the moment.
The 'Now' which is so much alive
And I feel energized.

I pause ...
I laugh out loud,
At my fears and anticipations
which suddenly disappeared 
In the moment called 'Now'
And I walk ahead,
with this new realization
For the joy of conquest
begins here, with myself.

1 comment: