15 November, 2007

Can u resist not yawning???

As I was indolently lying down on the couch of our living room , meddling with the invention of John Logie Baird , what flashed in front of my eyes was the advertisement. The very advertisement of 'Kurl-on' matrress! What my eyes saw was people gaping ! In simpler words , people yawning with mouth wide open and breathing in deeply. My immediate reflex,even before I could sense-I had gaped.

"How funny ?",I thought.I knew yawning was contagious and people usually end up yawning seeing someone next gape.But what puzzled me was the sensitivity of mind!! Its adaption and reflex worked even with just a vision of yawning on the 'chatter-box':-) Similar to the ways emotions depicted on movies move us from within if carried out in a truly touching sense.:-)But then what about people who are blind??;-)Maybe sound of yawn makes them reflexly yawn too ....God knows!!:-)

Have I provoked a yawn out of you yet? If I have, hopefully it's not out of boredom, but by the power of suggestion :-)Even while writing up this post I have yawned more than a dozen times...he he:-).....such is the sensitivity of mind and in this case of yawning it regulates the carbon dioxide and oxygen levels in the blood.

Thus,began my musings when it struck to my memory how I had teased Roshni on the way back from college that oxygen deficit aneamic people like her yawn all the time and active people like me are always full of oxygen:-)Memories..so vague at times,yet so unique.;-)

Further down my thoughtful lane,what emerged out was the mythical belief which says that we yawn, when someone remembers us. I have always wondered who would be remembering me???Do I yawn if souls in heaven remember me?? Or is it my dream-boy who thinks about me and I yawn?;-)But how do I find out WHO thinks about me that I end up gaping ?? Is it just boredom and frustration ?? Or is it out of nature's influences(Pancha Bhutas : AKASHA, VAYU, AGNI, JALA and PRITHVI)that drives your being,make a mark about its profound existence through the action of VAYU??

So many thoughts! But the best part,THE best part of all,:-), which I truly enjoy is that yawning rings loud bells in my memory that I need to sleeeeeeep;sleep on my bed under my cosy blanket which carries me to land of dreams.

Happy sleeeeeeeeeppppiiinnnggg!!!!!

Good night!! Sweetest dreams :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting fact :

feutus in mother's womb yawns too ;-)

oh my god!!! :-)

PURN!MA said...

yes, I yawned..just looking at the snap of the kid yaaaaaaaaaaaawning made me do so.

hehe! good work. Keep blogging.

Cheers,
Purnima